Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 9 - Starting to Feel the Burn

Here's how things are looking on Day 9:
Front view on Day 9 of Efudex
Looking like a bad rash

Forehead on Day 9 of Efudex
Worst damage is on upper forehead and temples

AK on left cheek on Day 9 of Efudex
I think I missed putting suncreen right over the moustache

Top view on Day 9 of Efudex
I think there's less damage on top because of the previous Efudex treatment
The extent of sun damage on my forehead is a bit of a surprise. I originally mentioned Efudex to my dermatologist because of the AK on my left cheek, and she thought it would also be good for all of the noiticeable pink AKs on top of my head. But my forehead didn't look bad. I suggested using it there because I had seen a couple of keratin pillars growing out, and she just said "OK, if you want to." I think she'll be surprised by how much it "lit up" when I go back in 5 days.

I thought the "rash" was getting noticeable enough that I spoke up at a group meeting at work to say that 1) It's not an infectious disease; it's just a creme to remove sun damage and 2) It's probably going to look worse before it looks better.

Although I felt some tenderness on previous days, it's getting more noticeable now. Pulling a t-shirt over my head did not feel good! Tomorrow I'm doing a 200K bike ride and hoping that the helmet doesn't hurt too much. I'm actually doing the ride a week early partly because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stand the helmet in another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment