Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 11

I did the bike ride yesterday. In the morning, before the ride, I applied the Efudex and then a coating of Coppertone Sport SPF50 sunscreen over the Efudex. I felt like a slimy mess. I was also worried about how much it would hurt to wear a helmet, but with a soft winter skull cap between me and the helmet it wasn't bad at all.

It seems that a bunch of smaller spots popped out on my face and nose during the ride:

Front view on Day 11 of Efudex
New spots appeared across my cheeks and nose, and the red is getting darker

AK on left cheek on Day 11 of Efudex


Other people have said that wetness accelerates the effect of the Edudex, so maybe the sweat and sunscreen during the bike ride moved things along a little quicker.

The initial tube of Efudex (actually generic 5-Flourouracil) is almost empty. I might be able to stretch it out until the next appointment with my dermatologist in three days, but will need another tube if she wants me to continue the applications.

I definitely want to continue the Efudex long enough for it to do the job. But the whole business is starting to be a little painful and irritating. I probably should have been more careful to avoid getting Efudex into the folds at the sides of my nose, because that area is now the most irritated of all. But I wanted to be sure to coat the red skin just above the moustache and it was hard to get that area without some getting into the nasal fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment